Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Gabe Kubanda VS Good Charlotte



I had so much trouble figuring out who to use today and I was stuck between two people. It was becoming a back and forth tug of war.
So, I took a page out of a fellow bloggers book and decided to do a double whammy, a Battle of the Bands if you will.
So here they are:
Both these artists deserve the attention they get tonight and I hope you think so as well!


 


 I first heard of/met Gabe Kubanda when I went to an Epic Proportions Tour show.The first thing you notice about this guy is his personality. He’s fun, bouncy and extremely nice!
The second thing you notice is what an amazing singer he is. When you’ve never heard someone before, you have to wonder what they sound like. Especially when it’s live. At least sometimes with a recording, there are little fixers that can be made to correct any mistakes.
Well Gabe needs none of that.
Purely raw and perfect, his voice might as well be made of gold. It’s the raspy kind of voice that you don’t mind playing over and over on your iPod as you fall asleep, it’s just that great.
Hitting the music scene as a solo artist, Gabe set out to create a humorous and personal acoustic pop sound that definitely works well with his personality.
On the Epic Proportions Tour, he played all acoustic; he had nothing but a guitar and a microphone as his props.
But that was all he needed.


 


There are some bands that you just can’t get enough of. No matter the mood, they have a song that fits and brings the world down to a slow speed.
Good Charlotte is one of those bands.
A personal favorite of mine, Good Charlotte was formed in 1996 out of Waldorf, Maryland.
Laying it all out on the line and non believers in sugar coating, Good Charlotte tells the truth like it is and they wear their heart on their musical sleeve.
A five piece that is inspirational for any aspiring musician, Good Charlotte brings life, reality and true emotion back to music.
Music isn’t just about yelling out words to guitar chords.
It’s about musicians connecting with their audience and helping the audience connect with each other.Thank the stars that Good Charlotte had the good sense to bring that feeling back.

GC Song Links

7 comments:

  1. Raspy voices are sexy I think... sometimes. I'm thinking of The Wallflowers. But nothing beats a tune that grabs at the soul.

    Spunky's Soldier, A-Z Challenge Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interest in music, we all like different kinds but it certainly makes the world go round. Great Blog.

    Yvonne. A-zing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting form A2Z. Also posting about Bands - mainly UK punk/indie bands from late seventies early eighties. Enjoyed reading your posts. Good luck with the A2Z challenge.
    http://richardhallows.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I must admit, I never heard of Gabe. But I love Good Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you are my new favorite! I love music but have no time to find new bands. These two are great. I am going to check out more! Thank you!

    Jana @ A Novel Reality

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very interesting blog since I really love listening to music. Good luck A-Z-ing! Keep posting! :)


    Sincerely,Miss Uncertain---sidetracked

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the lovely praise Kim, I just got off of Warped Tour, and am hitting the road again this fall on my Epic Proportions Tour... Hope to see you all at a show! (spoken in raspy tones, lol)...

    ReplyDelete