Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for Aerosmith


See those guys up there?
They might look familiar to most people.
They can boast a whopping 14 albums, they can tell you that they've had 21 singles hit the Billboard Top 40, an entire version of Guitar Hero has been created in their honor.
And yes, they even have a ride dedicated to their amazing chemistry as a band at Hollywood Studios in Disney World.
Yes, yes, fellow music lovers, we're talking about Aerosmith.

If you haven't listened to Aerosmith, we will fix that right now.


That link above will take you to one of my personal favorite songs, Walk This Way.
How about we talk why this song (and by extension, the entire band) deserves the musical recognition that they have had?
  • The infectious drum beats
  • The catchy guitar riff
  • The amazing vocals of Steven Tyler
Now, someone tell me that they have no reason to be at the top of their game.
Let's dissect this song down to the core and see what makes it so perfect:

Infectious Drum Beats

When Walk This Way opens up, the first thing you hear when you close your eyes is a bouncy, pop, yet rock beat. The double bass between hits makes you want to get up and rock out. Simple, yet affective rhythm. 

Catchy Guitar Riffs

The C Major key played in a slightly distorted tone worked wonders for this song. i don't know about anybody else, but I can't imagine the song being played with any other effects, or a different key. The combination makes this the song to listen to while driving down the highway with windows down.

Steven Tyler and His Vocals

WOW! Not many people can sound so loud, raspy and halfway screaming while making it sound epic. Its raw, passionate and full of adrenaline. What's even more amazing, though, is how he can tap into YOUR personal emotions with the greatest of ease.

So there you have it.
Easily one of the greatest rock bands of all time. 
Come back tomorrow for another artist - who knows? You may have never even heard of them until now!




10 comments:

  1. Way to go on choosing the first day's blog in this year's Challenge to be on Aerosmith! Who doesn't LOVE this band??? Rock On! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say A for Aerosmith too. Crazy is my favourite. My friend had Angel as his wedding song. And Steven Tyler............yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to A to Z! Are you brand new to blogging, or did you just set this site up for the challenge?

    If it's brand new, kudos to you for kicking it off with a bang!

    Musical blogs are always cool to read, because we associate so many memories with musical moments in time.

    ~Alana @ writercize.blogspot.com
    Cheering you on from A through Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually a brand new blogger! My mom encouraged me to try it out, so I sucked it up and went for it! Thanks so much for reading this and thanks for the compliment!

      - Kim

      Delete
  4. I'm new to your blog from the A to Z Challenge - nice to meet you! :) I love Aerosmith! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Man. I loved Aerosmith when I was in High School. I liked their newer stuff too, but it lacked that edge that booze and drugs and youth can give a band.

    Still though, better to have them around now sober than think what they could have done (like Cobain, Hendrix, Joplin, Moon,...)

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side and The Witch
    Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog via the A to Z Challenge. I love Aerosmith, so really enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Permanent Vacation was my first cassette tape! (Does anyone remember those? They were before CD's but after LP's?) Thanks for the awesome post!

    Good Twin @ thewinetwins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually miss cassette tapes - CDs scratch too easily! thanks for checking out the blog!

      Delete