Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for Coldplay


We all have those bands where we hear a song, roll our eyes, and change the channel. Yet, two weeks later, we hear a different song from the same band and suddenly, we’re hooked. It took time, but the sound grew on us.
That’s kind of how I came to listen to Coldplay.
The British band that was formed in 1996 has quite a few achievements under their belt, including 8 Brit Awards, winning Best British Group three times, five MTV Video Music Awards,  three World Music awards, four Billboard Music Awards, and seven Grammy Awards from twenty six nominations. Wow! Impressive!
I was originally introduced to Coldplay by (get this!) my dad!
This band is even the reason that I learned to play piano – my dad loved the song Clocks so much that he wanted me to learn to play the opening piece more than anything.

After you hear Clocks, you kind of can’t help but fall in love. There’s a certain quality that you can’t deny that it is apparent in every song. It’s very specific and to this day I can’t figure out exactly what that is, but it’s there.
So what about you?
Do you go for Coldplay or give them the Cold Shoulder?
Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. I love your take on the A-Z....I'm a huge music lover and I agree with you on the fact that sometimes we change our minds about bands. I'm a lover of lyrics.....Will take a listen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Cold Play, although I like their older stuff better, I think. I'm a music-a-holic, so I look forward to reading about the other bands you choose too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coldplay is really good! I don't listen to all their songs, but I do love Clocks, Viva la Vida and others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great A-Z idea! As a fellow music lover I am inspired by this! Great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love A Rush of Blood to the Head. It's one of the few albums I can listen to fully without getting the urge to skip a song. Their other albums are good too, but for me, that one's their best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Coldplay. Anything from A Rush of Blood is too darn cool too, but Clocks definitely made me fall in love. I think the joy in Coldplay is the subtle melodies weaving together, bu that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coldplay fan, the grew on me.

    ReplyDelete