Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Duet


So I really had a hard time pulling together an idea for tonight. Like, really hard. I went through so many artists in my head; there are so many artists that I could have chosen that start with “D”, but they all just felt like a no brainer. Def Leppard? Too obvious. Daughtry? Too easy? Deep Purple? The blog would be way too long.
Sooooo, instead of trying to focus in on one artist, I decided to go into a couple different duets!
The first one I chose is *drum roll please*….




This song is a powerful ballad. I’ve always been a big Evanescence fan – I love the rock sound with Amy Lees sweet and pure voice. What drew me to this song was the combination of a growly, gravely voice mixed in with Amys.
The feel of the song is very inviting as well. The emotion that pours from this song is indescribable.
It makes you feel like you’re actually listening to a conversation between two people in that situation. It’s just a really moving song and really powerful, to me anyways.




Another song that really makes your heart ache for the two people involved. The whole tone of the song, from “We’re not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again.” To “Used to lie so close to me, there’s nothing more than empty sheets between our love.” Gives the impression of, hey we’re having problems right now, but we can get through it! It makes you wonder how many people have conversations like this every day and makes you want to root for them to work through their problems.

So there you have it; two songs, one blog!

Come back tomorrow for a throwback blog!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE Broken. I saw Seether live once, and the song wasn't the same when sung alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great duets. Here's an oldy, but I've always liked it. Sony and Cher sing "I've got you Babe"(1965).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love Amy Lee's voice. So rich and full of emotion.
    Happy Blogging!

    Kaye Draper at Write Me

    PS: you might want to turn off word verification for the challenge (it's a pain in the butt! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like male/female duets. I think my favourite is Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwright "Set The Fire To The Third Bar." It's so haunting.

    ReplyDelete